Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Name Is Khan

I went over to my friend, Camille's house yesterday to watch a movie my other friend, Katrina suggested we watch. The movie was entitled My Name Is Khan (fiction).


I have watched several movies with plots similar to this and yet it still moved and inspired me. At some point in the movie, it made me want to just be like Khan, even with his condition. I found his character deeply influential because of his open-mindedness and effortless kind hearted intentions for everyone.

What's brilliant about this movie is that it was able to portray the realities of life - family, friends, religion and race. It showed that the difference in those individual aspects are not a hindrance to living the life one wishes to have, and that goodness will always be the answer to every human downfall. This movie for me, is the epitome of true love - not just any other love, but the unconditional love and devotion to family, friends, religion and race.

Overall Rating: ★★★★★